March 16, 2013

Saturdaze: Chandon Brut Mojito

Saturdays are all about relaxing with a drink in hand, hence "Saturdaze". To start off this series, I went with a modification of one of my favorite cocktails, the mojito. It's definitely one of my favorite drinks after vodka tonics. I'm not a big fan of sweet cocktails because a good cocktail doesn't need much. Some lime, tonic water, or soda and it's good to go in my book. I found this recipe on Epicurious and thought it was a genius idea. I would've never thought of putting those two together and the recipe is extremely simple.



Ingredients:
7 to 10 fresh mint leaves, plus 1 leaf for garnish
1/2 oz Simple Syrup
Juice of 1/4 lime. plus 1 lime wedge for garnish
1 oz rum
Ice cubes
1 oz chilled sparkling wine

Directions:
In a cocktail shaker, combine the mint leaves with the Simple Syrup and lime juice.
Using a muddler or the handle of a long wooden spoon, crush the mint.
Add the rum and fill the cocktail shaker about two-thirds full with ice cubes.
Cover and shake vigorously for 5-10 seconds.
Strain through a strainer or fine-mesh sieve into a rocks glass filled with ice.
Top with the sparkling wine.
Garnish with the reserved mint leaf and a wedge of lime. 
Serve at once. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...